Industrial Manufacturers Representative Association
Service To Members and Community
Who Is IMRA?
IMRA is a group of industrial manufacturers' representatives who are committed to improving their service and value to both principal manufacturers and customers. IMRA was founded in 1969 by John Briggs, Ronald Cook, R.L. English and Robert Leitch. Their goal then, as it is today, was to have a local network of manufacturers' representatives discuss and influence the issues that impact the independent sales rep profession.
Our organization consists of approximately 75 rep agency owners and associates who are primarily from, yet not limited to, Cleveland and northeastern Ohio. The majority of our members market their products directly to original equipment manufacturers and other industrial and commercial accounts.
If you are currently in the rep profession or contemplating a career change, we welcome you to join us for a meeting. IMRA can benefit your agency as well as your career.
IMRA's Mission Statement
IMRA is a Cleveland-based sales and marketing organization for the local industrial manufacturers' representative.
IRMA's mission is to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, quality of service, and professionalism of its members via...
- Providing a network for manufacturers' reps to discuss the opportunities, challenges and threats that affect the profession of independent sales people.
- Offering a forum to express an agent's experience without violating trade secrets or special arrangements.
- Educating and developing its members through the monthly programs, guest speakers, plant tours and round-table discussion.
- Promoting the principal/agent relationship by focusing on the principals' needs and concerns.
- Recognizing and adapting to the ever-changing industrial marketplace - its global, technological and environmental surroundings.
- Existing as a local chapter to the national organization MANA (Manufacturers' Agents National Association) and providing a direct link to MRERF (Manufacturers' Representatives Educational Research Foundation) on a national level.
Through these objectives, while functioning under the guidelines of a code of ethics, IMRA's members will further enhance their respective agencies.
What Does IMRA Offer?
Meetings are held monthly from September through May. Meeting locations are centrally located. Reservations must be made in advance. Luncheon registrations begin at 11:30 a.m. and dinner registrations at 6:00 p.m. Please call the IMRA office for location and details.
Monthly meetings generally include a guest speaker with expertise in sales, engineering, quality, technology, accounting, financial or legal areas. We also hold plant tours and round-table discussions annually.
Our newsletter provides our members with information regarding upcoming events, updates and insights into MANA and MRERF on a national level, a listing of manufacturers seeking representation, articles relating to today's manufacturers' representative, and offers & discounts to members such as the Harris InfoSource Directories.
Manufacturers Agents National Association Headquarters, California
Manufacturers' Representative Educational Research Foundation Headquarters
Cleveland Technical Societies